1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ladder Theory - attraction between men and women

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Apr 26, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ah. Sounds like fun. I'll see ya in 10 years.

2. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

This whole theory is bunk. If it were real, I never would have dated or married my husband ... because he was clearly on the 'friend ladder' before we started dating/moved in together/got married.

Put me at the strange kids' table, but I preferred my spouse also be my best friend.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It could have been crap in another way. Don't jump down my friggin' throat for being curious about your specific reasoning.

4. lono

lono Active Member

Whew. And Mrs. Lono rests a little easier tonight ...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What the hell's wrong with you? :D

6. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

Fuck - where should we start?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fixed. :D

9. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Just like IJAG said doubleJ, what happened to you has absolutely nothing to do with ladders, she was just a fucking psycho bitch. I'm sorry, but even if she had made it ABSOLUTELY clear that you two were nothing but friends and would never be anything else, and then you had still gone in for the kiss, for her to completely end the friendship like that tells you just how nutso and low caliber she is.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

i'm with ijag on this. there are no ladders in my relationships because i know where i stand with a lot of my friends.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of it like this:

Everyone you know fits into one giant category: Acquaintances.

From those acquaintances, you've got your friends and non-friends. Friends, in this case, defines the type of people you want to spend time with in a social situation.

Of those friends, there are people you want to keep as strictly friends and there are people who may or may not be more.

At the end of the day, if you want a relationship to work, I whole-heartily believe you've got to snag someone who started in the friend category and worked their way into your "more than friends" category. A good relationship means you have communication and it's hard to have communication without getting to know someone first.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You absolutely can have platonic female friends. But I think where it changes it from the man's side. Some men seem better equipped to firmly place some females in the just friends category than other men. I can, to an extent, but usually I've already established that those in the friends category are women I would never have a chance to sleep with in the first place.

Why lie?

Draft saved Draft deleted