1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Krzyzewskis: Never confused with the Cleavers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.accsports.com/whats_the_poop/xxx/wtpxxx14acc031007.jsp">
    This account is from David Glenn on accsports.com. Pretty interesting.</a>

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Interesting, yeah, but I have a problem with directly quoting people without naming them. You don't know if those quotes are from the daughters, a Duke official, player whoever may be sitting in that row.

3. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

An interesting article, maybe.
    But what about the ethics of quoting and writing about a family in the stands, likely without its knowledge. What's up with that? Is that what we've stooped to?

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Since when is quoting what someone yelled out loud in a public setting even an ethical question?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with it. I just want to know who is saying what. It's one think if it's coach K's daughter. Another thing if it's an associate AD.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What's unethical about this? Does a guy need permission to report something in a public domain? This is on a web site, not a gamer.

Say what you wish about the Krzyzewski family - as if anyone needs permission - but this was neither unethical nor stooping.

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Play by play of a coach's family watching a game? How much am I paying for wireless access again?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Kinda reminds me of the running SEC thread, cept sub the Krzyzewski clan for those covering the SEC West

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's bush league, IMHO.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree. But whatchagonnado? The K klan got the seats fair and square.

12. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

I once spent a game right in front of the wife and daughters and have never - absolutely ever - heard more, or more creative, use of profanity. They cursed the refs (by name, as reported above), they cursed the opposing coach, they cursed fans who yelled at them, I'm pretty sure they cursed in response to (not at) bad plays by Duke players. It was absolutely hysterical. Totally unprintable, but absolutely hysterical.

Draft saved Draft deleted