1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Knicks(Isiah) are who we thought they were

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Yes.

2. If he had just let things be truly abysmal for two years (not that they weren't already), the Knicks would have ended up with two good draft picks (with a third coming up) and cap room to rebuild. Instead, he acquired Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry. It's his own damned fault his "team" is bad, bordering on awful. Why he gets an extension after taking his $100 million team from awful to (at times) borderline-mediocre just shows how truly clueless Dolan is.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't get it Webster. His biggest problem is that the GM built a team without a plan? He was the one who built it. Therefore, his biggest problem is that he sucks at building a team and now can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was a joke, but I think that he's coaching his assets pretty well. If you separate his the two jobs, which is hard to do, I think that he's gotten a lot out of the team. Players who are doing well are rewarded with more minutes, Curry has gotten better with his passing (although he's still awful), the team plays hard and has been close in a number of games against more skilled opposition.

The problem is that their ceiling is only so high, even if Crawford and Lee are healthy. Marbury is a ghost of his former self for much of the game, Frye is too small to play the 5 and Lee is too slow to play the 3, meaning that they can't be on the court at the same time. They don't have a big that can defend and Curry is a walking liability on any screen/roll. If all goes well, they would max out at maybe 45 wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted