1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The King is gone, but the fries still suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 31, 2011.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Same here with the bonus that our KFC/LJS doesn't have grilled chicken, either. The kitchen is too small, from what I've been told. Wedges were available for a short period of time here last year. But they'll let you sub a KFC side when you order an LJS combo and I've seen people ask for green beans, corn or mashed potatoes because they don't want near the fries.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They need a little zombie magic to pull that off.

Rotten is an overrated hack anyway.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A's breakfast "minis," which are a 3-pack of chicken nuggets on buttery, bite-sized yeast rolls, are even better. So I guess they would be like getting blown while your team is pitching a no-hitter in Game 7 of the World Series.

I don't have the imagination to construct a sex/sports metaphor for their chicken, egg and cheese bagels.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Something about that just doesn't sound right. Gives a whole different meaning to sacred cow.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Gee, no wonder BK is so popular in Oklahoma. ::)

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Not to beat on the KFC pinata some more, but I just watched one of their commercials. They talk about how they have certified cooks (or something to that extent) at every one of their restaurants.

Then they pan to a scene where someone who's either a homeless drifter or a halfway house resident is mixing raw chicken in the flour and herbs and spices IN HIS BARE HANDS!

Seriously, I know fast food dives are germ-infested dens of hell, but KFC thinks showing that will make me want their chicken? Really?

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

If he's wearing gloves, how are the fecal bacteria and Salmonella supposed to cross-mutate?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At the closest BK to me, there's a he/she/it of undetermined gender working the counter. I seriously have a hard time telling how old this late-50 something is. Am pretty sure it's female, but I can't tell.
    The name on the tag? Chris.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I've worked in multiple food establishments and rarely have I seen cooks wearing gloves.

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

We never wore them when I worked at BK in high school (decades ago, granted). We did put a live earthworm in a microwave, if that tells you anything.

11. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Actually, the health units around here say gloves are less sanitary than hands, so maybe that's the case in your areas too.

Personally, I liked the new BK fries more than McDonalds when they came out - been years since I've had them since we don't have a lot of BKs near here - but they could be different in Canada than the States.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

God Save The King?

Draft saved Draft deleted