1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The King is gone, but the fries still suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 31, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Outside of In-N-Out and Five Guys, which cut their fries fresh, Carl's Jr./Hardee's has the best fries of the bagged-and frozen variety. Their sodas taste like crap, unfortunately.

BK's Whoppers don't taste nearly as good as they did 15 years ago. I avoid McD's, but if I had to choose between that and BK, give me McD's.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

BK is great if you don't want to wait in line at the drive through or when ordering at the counter with a three year old.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Those king commercials were creepy. Not only that, but they would give creepy King toys in kids meals.

Burger King is probably my least favorite of the major fast food joints. Sandwich sizes are too big and the fries suck. I ordered one of those burgers with the A1 sauce a couple months ago, and I swear, that sumbitch weighed a pound and was about five inches thick.

While I'm not a huge McDonalds fan, I can get a crispy ranch snack wrap, a chicken sandwich and a large drink for $3.50. Enough to fill me up, nice big drink, and I don't get fries.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nathan's fries were my favorites among fast-food varieties.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I liked Wendy's original fries just fine, thought they were – when fresh – were the best of all fast food fries. The sea salt variety has grown on me, though.

BK's best move now would be to go get the old Wendy's fries.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The new ownership group is from Brazil.
    Most, if not many of the franchisees are of Indian descent.

This should be interesting.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought this was the story of Johnny Rotten

8. I hardly ever get BK fries . . . always go for the onionless onion rings. But I have always preferred their burgers over McD. That all being said, once you go marketfresh at arby's, you never go back. And I assume those who hate KFC's fries aren't talking about the potato wedges, which rawk beyond words.

9. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

The closest KFC we have is one of those bullshit combo places, and not a good one like KFC/A&W. It's a KFC/Long John Silver's, so if you order a potato product (fries, wedges, whatever), you get Long John Silver's fries. They aren't bad, but it feels like you may as well just stick an IV of straight grease into both arms and cut out the middleman. And you better clear some time in the schedule for a "Harry in Dumb and Dumber" style bathroom visit soon after.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Herb!

[​IMG]

Man, did that campaign stink.

I find this funny, from the wiki:

The campaign led to controversy in early 1986. A 15-year-old boy spotted Herb at the Burger King restaurant in Bessemer, Alabama and believed that he had won $5,000. Because he was under the age of 16, the minimum age for participating in the promotion, the prize money was given to the boy's older friend, who was with him at the time. Burger King defended their decision, stating that the restriction was intended to dissuade students from skipping school to search for Herb. The boy's parents complained to their representative in the Alabama State Senate. The matter was then brought before the full State Senate, which passed a resolution condemning Burger King's actions as "consumer fraud".[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Herb%3F

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,961331,00.html?promoid=googlep

Way to engender goodwill, BK!

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dick says Hello
    [​IMG]
    "Hello"

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe BK will get the Sex Pistols to play on their commercials.

Draft saved Draft deleted