1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The king is dead: Noah replaces Jacob as No. 1 name for boys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 9, 2014.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I think sports writers/former sports writers have a better grip on this than the general populous. Most folks are so insular they don't realize that their "great idea" is a bad idea that has been repeated over and over again.

My cousin adopted a little girl when she was 2. The birth parents had spelled it Nicolle. I told him to change it on the new birth certificate because it would forever be misspelled. He didn't listen, saying it was different. Now that she is in middle school, he complains because her name is never spelled that way.

Back in my days of answering phone calls from angry sports parents, I guess I'd had enough one day and snapped. A woman was raking me over the coals with "you misspelled my daughter's name." I came back with "No ma'am, you did."

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

God damn, that's awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted