1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Killing Of John Lennon."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 21, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just flipped on The Killing Of John Lennon on OnDemand. It's a documentary about Mark David Chapman (played by Jonas Ball), that chronicles everything that led up to the assassination of John Lennon.

Outstanding flick. Ball has a creepy sort of charisma in the role.
  2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

That's funny. I just read a review a week or so ago where they ripped the movie for that very reason. From a couple of bios I've read, Chapman never struck me as someone very charismatic. He was very troubled and filled with doubt.

Personally, I'm waiting for Chapter 28, with Jared Leto playing the role of MDC.
  3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think I saw a preview of Chapter 28 over the summer. It looks like it should be really good.

Ball portrays a Chapman as a man who was obsessed with being famous.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't give a fuck about Mark David Chapman, until some friendly fella in the can does the world the service of planting an ice pick in his neck.

And I don't give a fuck about any fucking movie purporting to show the "sides" of his "personality."
  5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's in Attica prison, in solitary confinement.
  6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why not?
Draft saved Draft deleted