1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The kid who doesn't exist" (UPDATE: He now exists, reunites with birth mom)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Apr 27, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Re: "The kid who doesn't exist"

Yesterday I was able to read page 6 of the story with one tiny problem -- I had to go through every page in order, I couldn't skip or jump directly to page 6.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It was a great example of how the first person can be used beautifully. The reporter didn't really have a choice - he truly was part of the story, and that's okay.

So happy for that kid.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Matt Tully has been reporting about the school all year. It is one of the worst in the city school system.

He has shined a light on that school. The entire project has been excellent reporting.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Still haven't read it.... because I can't. Bastards.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Try hitting "next page" rather than the page numbers, and you should be able to read the whole thing.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Update: he exists.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100525/NEWS08/5230370/1101/NEWS08/Brent-Jones-is-the-kid-who-now-exists

A 20/20 crew was there, along with the Indianapolis Star, to see Brent Jones' reunion with his mother. The Star has photos and video on its site about the reunion.

Draft saved Draft deleted