1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kansas City Hornets of the NBA?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Where does Memphis move to, back to Vancouver?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don't the Bucks qualify as a Northern Chicagoland team?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know what, they could. A true return of the KC/Omaha NBA franchise!

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That worked for the Kansas City Scouts.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You mean the Kings?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There aren't many places left to go. St. Louis, Kansas City, Louisville. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few cities.

I don't think they want to put any more teams in Canada. As someone else mentioned, the NBA will hold Seattle hostage until they get a new arena.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just move the Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Hornets and Kings to Europe.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sprint Center does indeed need a permanent tennant. But as others have noted, the NBA didn't do so hot the first time around, and KC is first and foremost a college hoops town.

Maybe things could be a little different this time. By all accounts, the Power and Light District would be a much more happening pre and post-game spot than the West Bottoms and stockyards that surrounded Kemper Arena.

9. Mizzougrad96

I do not believe for a second that any of the big four professional leagues will ever move a team to Europe or to any other country other than Canada.

I think it's just something the commissioners like to say so they keep fans overseas.

10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Memphis is more than 375 miles away.

Now if you had said the Pacers, OK then.

But the Pacers, Bulls, Cavs and even Pistons are all closer to Louisville than the Grizzlies. Memphis isn't much closer than Milwaukee or Atlanta.

11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Actually, there was a measure on the Sacramento ballot a couple years ago to finance the construction of a new arena for the Kings.

The Kings campaigned against the measure. Seriously.

12. Mizzougrad96

Wasn't it a timing issue? Good luck getting any public-funded stadium passed in the next decade.

Draft saved Draft deleted