1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Journalist and the Pharma Bro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It was a miss by Elle. I agree with you.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Maybe John Hudson can replace Christie on his visitor list.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

1) Agree. Even in a feature, there are plenty of places to drop that in. I can't be bothered to re-read it, so I'll paraphrase: 'Around this time of her crazy obsession with a scumbag on trial, as she was crossing journalistic ethics and becoming obscenely close to and obsessed with her subject, she and her husband John Doe decided to explore couples therapy. Doe declined to comment for this story.'

2) Elle gave credit to the dress, The Vampire’s Wife; and Earrings, Altuzarra. Elle is meticulous that way. (Not for nothing, Elle also pays freelancers very well, or used to.)

Hermes, JimmyHoward33, garrow and 2 others like this.
  5. Like this, though?

Given how many people I’ve talked to today or read their thoughts on social media, regarding this piece, it may well be the buzziest and most-read magazine article in several years. Vanity Fair’s 2015 article on Caitlyn Jenner and The New Yorker’s exposé on Harvey Weinstein come to mind.

matt_garth likes this.
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If I had a dime for every time a woman broke up with me through Benjamin Brafman. ...

OscarMadison, wicked, Mngwa and 2 others like this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So what’s the chance she tipped the Post that she would be walking her dog?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why would she have tipped the Post?

That Elle story got a ton of play yesterday. I am sure they had someone with a camera camped out outside of her building. That is their M.O.

10. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

1. It was definitely a miss by Elle not to at least indicate they tried to talk to the ex.
    2. The ex might not be counting himself lucky. Someone claiming to be Smythe's ex tweeted yesterday that he is still in love with her despite everything and she will always be the love of his life. There's a lot of work out there for certain shrinks, I think.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted