1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Journalism Bowl: Ohio vs. Missouri, this week!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 18, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Assuming they lay an egg against Kansas, it won't matter, look at the rest of the schedule.

Remaining ome games:
    Ohio, Colorado, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Kansas
    Remaining away games:
    Tech, A&M, Nebraska, Iowa State.

A slightly above average team will go 8-4 with this year's schedule.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Not true. They'll beat Illinois

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I see five losses there. They won't beat Oklahoma, and all four of those road games are losses, until proven otherwise. Pinkel would struggle to beat my high school team on the road.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

Well, my high school has struggled recruiting wise since it lost three guys to Nebraska...

Not sure if you saw Texas Tech score 3 points this weekend.
    Not sure if you saw A&M nearly lose to Army this weekend. (Add that to Daniel's homecoming and I guarantee Missouri wins one of those games.

Wins: Ohio, Colorado, Kansas, Tech, Iowa State
    Losses: K-State, OU, A&M, Nebraska

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Doesn't everybody?

6. joe

joe Active Member

In a perfect world, yes.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I haven't seen a lot out of OU to impress me. Last week's game was good, but I think OU is just going to be a normal team this year -- not the God-like team they have been in the past. I can see Mizzou beating OU. In fact, I really think MU will win the Big 12 North this year, again, IF they can get past Nebraska. I'm pretty close to the program, though, so that could create some bias in my beliefs. Having said that, I'm also pretty close to the OU, A&M, and K-State programs as well, and it will be interesting to see how the Big 12 matches up this year.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mizzou hasn't even shown the ability to get past the Jayhawks since 2002, so I have my doubts.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

It's the Tee Martin effect at Mizzou...Peyton Manning as starter for four years and never wins the National Championship. Tee Martin steps in, the team steps up and wins the national title. Not saying MU is going to win the title(HAHA) but it's the same effect. Brad Smith was the most overrated player in the history of Missouri. Great play maker? yes. Great QB? I think not. Daniel throws a better ball than Smith ever did and can run for 20-25 yard gains.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

You trying to say Peyton Manning can't hit a curveball?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So are you saying we'll party like it's Daylight Savings Time? :D

12. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Don't be hijacking my thread! :)

The only OU references allowed in this thread are to the real OU ... the one that was founded when Oklahoma was just a bunch of scrub brush inhabited by Native Americans ... Ohio University.

Anyway, I think we'll definitely cover the spread if it's 20. Heck, we might even win.

Draft saved Draft deleted