1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jones: a profile on how he does what he does so well

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seems like when Jonesy started doing some work for the world wide leader he stopped showing up at SJ.

I wonder if Helen Thomas showed up here would she get the same adoration.

2. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Now that ESPN The Mag and Jones split, I imagine he is free to return. Maybe he can share thoughts on CPP's Welker story.

3. Boom_70

Did not realize that The Jones left The Mouse. Not surprised though. He seems like to much of an iconoclast to fit the ESPN structure.
    Surprised that Jeff Mcgregor is still there.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Every time I read McGregor on espn.com it's kind of a shock to the system. But The Mouse's checks cash just the same for iconoclasts.

5. Boom_70

John Skipper probably feels the same way.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Snap Judgement told this story on this week's episode:

Ballistic Entry | Snap Judgment

I haven't read the book, but having heard the story, I'm interested to read it.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I talked to Jones/The Jones at a writers' conference a few years ago, and I was a total fanboi when I was talking to him about this story. He said that he interviewed 101 people for that one story. Amazing.

And the first time I read that story, I was on a plane. Stupid plane was kinda dusty too.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

garrow and Tighthead like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted