1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jobs Bill bounce

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, we can all feel safer knowing you don't vote.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Who said I didn't vote?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I thought maybe the Jobs Bill Bounce was the successor to the Dougie.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

This is nasty like 'Nawlins bounce y'all.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

forget the thread but someone just posted an Olbermann link a couple days ago.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gallup is the other established (long-term) pollster with a sustained GOP bias . . . though Rasmussen's worse.

7. That 1 Guy

That 1 Guy Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/85991/

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Come on, all pollsters...even those that oversample Democrats while polling like Gallup and Rasmussen...have sustained GOP biases. Everyone knows that.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not only do they have 9% more Dems than Republicans in the poll, but the difference is almost all reflected in people who "strongly" identify with one party or the other.

They have 23% hard core Dems & only 13% hard core Republicans.

They polled Doc & Zeke, and proclaimed to have a big lead. That 23% is all base. They didn't lose one vote in that group, so to get to 49% from the rest rest of the respondents is a cake walk.

Then let's factor in that nearly 20% of the sample aren't even registered to vote, let alone likely to vote, and I'm still wondering why I should give this poll one more second's thought.

It's flawed. It should have been thrown out. But, it was reported as straight news.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Who cares?

Polls have been reported as "straight news" for both sides. And this notion of trying to call "scoreboard!" based on a poll is tired as hell coming from both sides. It's as if one's very political existence is predicated on some dumb ass poll.

It's Sepfuckingtember the year before the election. None of this shit matters right now. To drive that point home, need I remind anyone who the GOP front-runner was in May?

Donald Trump.

Polls don't mean shit unless it's the first Tuesday of November.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think Nate Silver proved that someone who knows how to use polls and other information can almost perfectly predict what will happen on the first Tuesday of November.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes, but we aren't even at the first Tuesday of November 2011.

Draft saved Draft deleted