1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jets Freeze Out Francesa

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Agree! When it was "Mike and the Mad Dog" it was better - - not GREAT, but better. Michael Kay's program is so bad, you feel embarrassed for the people involved.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Kay is better in the booth, calling the game. I'll grant you that Jack. I hate Francesa with a passion, and yet listening to him and his excuses make it worthwhile to revel in him in his disdain for all things anti-Parcells.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Kay is awful calling a game as well. The only thing that makes him seem decent on the air is the Yankees' horrendous radio duo.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really pretty funny that a "professional" such as Francesa has been acting like a baby when it comes to The Jets. He is like the kid who takes his ball and goes home.

Even more interesting is that his listeners have called him on it.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Imagine if the Mets have a miracle 95-win season. He'll be in misery all year.

6. Boom_70

It appears that Francesa and The Jets have patched things up.

His eminence will grace The Jets with his presence at camp on Thursday.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Phew. I was losing sleep over this one.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Does this mean that Mike Tannenbaum is once again "Mistuh T?"

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

this will NOT end well; neither side has their heart in making this shotgun marriage work. francesa won't be able to hold off from making smirking, back-handed remarks. and sexy rexy won't be able to hold back for long. ...

not saying there will be fireworks on thursday, when all should be able to conduct themselves like adults for a few hours. but it won't take long after that when the fat effers are sent to their rooms and the jets retreat back to the warm embrace of their WFANbois, joe (oh, the pain) benigno and his 2-year-old sidekick, whathisname.

10. Boom_70

Time for fatso to stop addressing the esteemed Jet GM like he is still
    Bill Parcells gofer.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't know how close you are to New York City, but you could do what I did and use a northern New Jersey address for your service address to get the NYC locals. I live a mile from the dividing line to NYC locals in northeast Pennsylvania and I don't have much use for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre stations.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Was this on 10th Avenue?

Draft saved Draft deleted