1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jets Freeze Out Francesa

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Added bonus of the Jets success in Playoffs- Francesa is forced to talk about them.

A caller asked the king today why he did not have any Jets on. Francesa claimed he was being frozen out by The Jets at behest of ESPN Radio.

His drive time competition is the Michael Kay show on ESPN. He gets all the Jets. You can tell it pisses Francesa off to no end.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Times ran a story about this last week.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Phil Mushnick is somewhere smiling.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

This has been going on for at least two years, maybe even before Rex got here.

Fatcesa is a blatant Giants fan and since his former friend "the Coach" departed the Jets, he has been ripping them... while whning "I don't hate the Jets, they seem to have a problem with me."

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm really pissed that DirecTV added my local channels. I no longer get to watch the trainwreck that was Francesa's Sunday night show.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One more reason to hate the Jets.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Really? Once again, I think you're in the minority of one on that one.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What's to doubt? Much of his local listener base is clearly bewildered/infuriated by the lack of live Jet spots on Mikey's current dronefest, and are lashing out at anything/anyone they can blame. Kay needs any edge he can get -- would you voluntarily listen to that shillfest on the radio, other than at gunpoint?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Desperation for sports talk and disgust with Francesa.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Francesa is awful. Kay is worse.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

His Holiness does get good guests outside of the usual ESPN circles. Granted, he usually takes those opportunities to show them how much he knows but he does ask pointed questions (not to anyone not names Girardi or Torre, of course) and he seems to get some good stuff out of them from time to time.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That is if you can stand listening for the entire 45 minute interview. Count me out.

Draft saved Draft deleted