1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jet Beat Job Just Got Harder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 20, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's getting harder to do that...lots of businesses out there telling employees they can no longer accept free tickets because the value is too high.

Should be interesting to see what happens with all these new NY teams--Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets--scraping for the same PSL dollars. How many stadium seats can someone invest in?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Ask Boom.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's done on a per-tit basis.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You would be better off saving your money and heading a mile up the road to The Bada Bing - You can watch the game there and see all the tits you want.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was on the Eagles' survey. Only drawback is you have to stand in line at the peephole.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Also have to get the players out of the way.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I've heard getting out of Gillette Stadium (and Foxboro Stadium before that) is/was worse.

The corporate owners (which includes Woody Johnson) don't care who is in the stands anymore as long as they make the most money possible.

As for it coming home to roost....as long as the fans keep watching on TV (larger national TV deal divided amongst the teams) and the tickets keep getting bought (doesn't matter by whom), this gouging will continue.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gillette's the worst immediate-neighborhood maneuverability situation in the entire league.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

As for the Jets, can we still blame this on Jay Cross?

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Not to thread-jack, but Gillette's not that bad.

You just have to be smart about it and not even attempt to leave until an hour after the end of your event.

I've found that it is just a million times easier that way.

In my experience, getting out of the Tweeter Center (which is just, maybe, 12 miles south of Gillette) is worse. Once waited four hours before I could get free. Stupid people.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh, is that all? So, for a Monday Night Game, you just get to breeze out of there at 1:30 am - how convenient!

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's a great idea. I can't wait until Vinny asks some dumbass question and a coach goes crazy on his ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted