1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jet Beat Job Just Got Harder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

WFW

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What I love is how the Jets are pitching this as some noble thing for fans to help finance the new stadium.

Perhaps they should start selling PSL's for Hospitals and schools.

There is already a chain e -mail flying around from Jet fans suggesting that all questions in survey are answered with a 1 - meaning least desirable .

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'd pay an extra $500 a game to get on Route 3 or the NJ Turnpike in under 2 hours.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if the brilliant research people who sent that letter actually discussed those plans with the team.

'Hey, let's put in there that they can go to the press conferences! And use the locker room bathrooms! Oh, oh, I know, for an extra $100k, they can suit up with the team! Put that in!! Are we hungry? Can we get some danish from downstairs?'

5. Boom_70

For $200K they can watch the Jets shower.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to the upper reaches of 2/3rds filled LA Coliseum during some throwaway Raider game? Contracts on peoples' lives were bought and paid for in those bleachers. And it was worse for college games at both the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum. Bangers would come out and watch the guys that got out of the neighborhood.

I've been to old Veterans Stadium, too, which is a zoo - but a funny zoo, and somewhat related to the football on the field.

Never frequented ABA joints, but Terry Pluto's book sure made it seem rowdy.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For the $200k PSLs, you get a hi-def screen at your seat with a dedicated camera to the "show us your tits" concourse. Men who volunteer their wives or daughters (C cup or larger only) for the season get a voucher for 5% off their PSL.

8. Boom_70

for 300K Laveranues Coles will let you molest him

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

If the Jets are doing this, aren't the Giants? They're sharing the stadium.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title I wondered what beat Jet Magazine actually covered ...

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How much to watch the cheerleaders shower?

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As someone said, this deal is aimed at corporations who can write it off, no one else. Guaranteed it will all come home to roost in an eroded fan base.

Draft saved Draft deleted