1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jet Beat Job Just Got Harder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just got survey from the Jets asking my opinion on various seating options linked to PSL's . Here is one example - $200,000 PSL per seat with annual cost of $5000 per. For the money you can attend coach post game press conference. Imagine Vinny from Queens firing off a question to Bill Parcells.

Coaches Club Overview
    "The Coaches Club" - The best 2,000 seats in the lower bowl, right behind the home bench and between the 30 yard lines with exclusive field access.

So close to the bench, you're going to want your own headset to call a play from the on-field patio adjacent to the Coaches Club right behind the home team. And after the game, you'll want to grab a microphone to ask Coach a question at the post-game press conference which takes place inside the Coaches Club.

But you will have access to more than just the field and the interview room. The Coaches Club is adjacent to the Jets locker room so you can watch the players entering their locker room through their glass enclosed hallway.

The Coaches Club also offers a 20,000 square foot football lounge packed with energy, action, food and drink. The bountiful buffet and all food service are included in the price of the season ticket.

If you want to be at the center of all the action - the 50 yard line, the field, and the post-game interview room - then the Coaches Club is the place for youTo what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements about personal seat licenses?

Please use a 10-point scale where 10 means you completely agree with the statement and 1 means you completely disagree. You may use any number in between.

#
    PSLs are an important part of the financing of the new stadium. At nearly $1.3 billion, the new stadium is the most expensive in sports and is 100% privately financed; PSL's are a way for fans to help pay for our new home.

PSLs are like a taxi medallion or a seat on the New York Stock Exchange - they are a good investment. In other NFL stadiums, the value of certain PSLs have increased 10% or more on an annual basis, an investment better than the stock market over the last 10 years.

PSLs allow me to own a piece of my team. It is important to me to own the rights to my seat and ensure that I can keep my seats in my family for the next generation.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hey - the Jets want a glut of corporate blocks. Fine with me. They don't make for great fans in my experience.

Price out the real fans, and what's the point? You end up with the Redskins crowd at FedEx Field. Huge. Dead.

3. Boom_70

Coach Mange- Bill from Manhasset here. How come you ran a draw play on that 3rd and 10 play late in the 2nd quarter.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How much for the seats near the concourse where they scream for girls to show their tits? What a beautiful investment that would be for our family.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can I get a PSL for that?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not sure the per ticket cost, but they do offer a discount for any female patrons who send in a picture of their rack along with their check.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What negative number do you use for getting it through Johnson's thick skull that he's a rutting-pig asshole?

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You gotta wonder if that whole crowd will be among those priced out.

I've been to the Meadowlands in the stands during a Jets game. Outside of an afternoon with the bloods and the crips in the upper reaches of LA Coliseum back in the day, it was probably the most unsettling experience I've seen, that whole circus.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Would guess that that's a significant part of the entire equation.

But who except the got-it-made corporates want to commit to this calibre of demonstration of confidence, given the Keystone Kops history of the organization?

Rich Kotite, Prop.

10. Boom_70

Have you even been to a Raider game in Oakland?

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What does that have to do with pro football?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love these threads, boom. I insist that when this country is dead and buried in 60 or 70 years, people will look back at shit like this ($200,000 PSLs/ $5,000 per year to watch eight football games, when the median income is around $50,000 per year) and just shake their heads.

Draft saved Draft deleted