1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The jerks down the block

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Feb 3, 2009.

?

What do I do?

1. Confront the neighbors

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Tow the bastard

29 vote(s)
    82.9%
  3. Shit on his hood

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If it was snowing pretty hard was the number on the space even visible? Just asking.

He certainly knew which house to drop the note off at, but maybe he only figured it out after the fact. Certainly a dick move on his part, but if weather played a role here let it slide.

If it happens again have the fucker towed.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

I'll buy you and your wife a beer when the guy comes back. Write down the license plate, call Tow Mater and enjoy the view from the big bay window in the living room. If the guy comes a knockin', call the police and have his note in hand -- it's a threat. The nice officer who comes will explain to Ricky Bobby that he better stand down. Or else. By now, the wife's a little tipsy. Enjoy.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Have it towed. But not before pissing on the door handle first.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Have had two people try to have my car towed at each of the apartments I lived at because I parked in 'their' spot.

Each time the tow truck guy came out, but I had the landlord there with me when they came. One neighbor even threatened to sue me, but backed off when my landlord said he would be evicted if he tried to take it court.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Did you have fun walking the extra five feet from the other parking spots?

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Very little progress yet. I had the visitor narrowed down to two houses. I went and knocked on the less likely one's door, and she confirmed it wasn't a friend of hers. Then I knocked on the other door twice yesterday before work with no answer. Come and get your whoopin', Steiner!

My wife has gotten over it after sleeping on it and wants me to not press the issue (she's still open to towing in the future, mind you). That may yet be the resolution, although I demand satisfaction.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Although I assume they were joking, I'm surprised six people voted for the "shit on his hood" option. As odd as that would be, I would laugh hysterically if I saw that.

8. Big Circus

I figured it was the closest thing to the time-honored SportsJournalists.com tradition of the upper deck.

9. I agree with your wife.
    If it only happened once, let it go.

10. Big Circus

The parking has happened more than once. The note, just the one time.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I would definitely talk to the neighbors to give some warning. If the douchebag still parks in your spot, tow the fucker.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I think Carrie Underwood knows what to do to this piece of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted