1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The jerks down the block

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Feb 3, 2009.

?

What do I do?

1. Confront the neighbors

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Tow the bastard

29 vote(s)
    82.9%
  3. Shit on his hood

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Permit me this small moment of venting, but I'm pissed off and my wife is even more so, so hear me out. We live in a subdivision with assigned perpendicular parking spots - 2 per townhouse. For us, that's me and my wife, so not a problem. Visitors will occasionally park in other spots, which pisses me off a bit, but there's a visitor spot about 75 feet from my house that's always open, so no big deal. There is a sign at the entrance to the subdivision that towing is enforced.

Tonight I'm at work and I get a text from my wife that someone is in my spot. She says she wants to leave a note, so I tell her to go for it. She says her note said "Please don't park in our spot. Thanks!" The spots are numbered with the house numbers, so anyone who gets a note will know which house it's from. I get home and the spot is empty. I walk up to the door and there's a piece of paper on the ground that says "Please don't touch my car. Thanks."

I showed it to my wife, who was LIVID. I was pretty pissed off, too. I mean, I work nights, and it was snowing pretty heavily when I got off work tonight. I don't deserve to have to search for a spot because of some douche. We're not positive which unit the guy was visiting, but she noticed the car (white sedan, spoiler) and we've got it narrowed down to two places. The way I see it, we have two courses of action we can take.

- Go talk to the two apartments and ask if they had a visitor last night who drove a white sedan. Let them know of the rudeness of their guest and ask them to pass it along while threatening to tow.

- Wait until the dude comes back (he's parked in the spot before). Call tow company, grab a beer, sit outside and watch the fun. (This option sounds much more satisfying, but there's no guarantee dude will be back.)

What say you, SJ nation?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: The assholes down the block

Tow the bastard. Then, while you're waiting for the tow truck, upper deck the roof.

Boy, just reading that pissed me off. I know what it's like to have a douchebag just take your assigned spot. That he has the audacity to deliver the snark is something else. He deserves the tow. And the upperdecking.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Definitely the second option. If they can't read or follow directions they deserve the tow. Make sure you video tape it and put it on youtube!

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The guy is a douchebag. Tow his ass.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The three above me said it better than I could. Sit back and watch the fun. That's my thought.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dennis says do something T-bag related while Mac says go with a gorilla mask. ;)

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Why not do the last two? ;D

Seriously, though, I'd have to go with BYH. Just reading that ticked me off. I'd definitely tow his ass next time. You can hang outside and laugh at him when it happens, too.

Or you can just key his car, too. :D

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cocksucker parks in your designated space at the risk of being towed ... no brainer.
    Tow the bastard and make sure you're outside when he comes looking for his car so you can laugh your ass off and give him the finger while enjoying your beer.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

or you could talk to your landlord.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Super glue in the door locks is always fun too. Or nails behind the back tires, but maybe that's just me.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Break in under the hood and upper deck the windshield washer fluid reservoir.

Get a funnel and do the radiator too.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Sugar in his gas tank could be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted