1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The iTunes model?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 21, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well said, Your Holiness.

For newspapers to recover, for real, we have to be essential to people's lives again. I don't know if we can be that anymore. And I don't think it's necessarily something we can affect, if we just make the right decisions, in print or online or financially -- people's lives have changed. They're not going to change back.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

www.butlereagle.com

I kind of like how they do it. Have no idea what kind of results they are getting.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

My thinking is, I don't impuslively visit OldNavy.com or BestBuy.com, etc, etc. I need someone to spark something ... to invade my space ... to say, "Hey stupid, we here at Old Navy are having a hell of a sale on polo shirts" ... to make me aware.

Seems like web advertising would be pretty good for that.

Another example: Ad I'm looking at on the bottom of this page now is offering a deal on DirectTV. If I was in the market for satellite TV, I would definitely click on that link to investigate further.

Draft saved Draft deleted