1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Iraq War: Pretty much the opposite of a war on terror

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Sep 25, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Nice concession speech, dog. I understand.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Dude, it's over. Either stop posting or admit that you've got no idea what you're talking about. Either way, it's cool with us. We already know.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And miss pointing out your cognitive disabilities? Not a chance.

How's that again? Iraq is now full of terrorists and fighting them there is not fighting the war on terrorism? C'mon, dog. You can say it. That's your contention, so why don't you just say it. You'll feel better if you admit that this complete and utter lack of logic is all your's.

I bet your mommy will even give you a cookie before she tucks you in tonight. Good boy.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Humm, maybe because the old generation is dead and the leaders all have been captured or killed. If you remember correctly George W. Bush did say at the very beginning that this is not something that will go away in a few year but take many years to get a hold on. Sort of like the Cold War, it was not over in a matter of weeks but took decades to eradicate. Once again, a Democrat trying to take the easy way out. You have to be patient and have perseverance if you are ever going to defeat a deadly opponent. In fact sometimes when you start something you create a hornets nest but because of the hornets nets you can now see you enemy clearer. We had been living in a false world pre-9/11. Richard Nixon had intelligence reports stating that there was increasing Anti-US sentiments from the Muslim community because of our domestic and international policies. The problem was that we were fighting a cold war against the Soviet Union and did not have the man power or relations to do anything about it. After the initial war in Iraq, Muslim's Anti-US sentiments began to grow and was largely ignored by the Clinton Administration. Had the Clinton administration been paying attention to the growing resentment and had tough international policies, we may have avoid the extremes of the terrorist network that was building under his watch.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

For the final time, Iraq is only "full of terrorists" because we're there, dipshit. Is there some sort of flashcard system I could use to make this more understandable for you?

I know that in your mind things only make sense when they're reduced down to their basic elements, but you could at least pretend that you understand. Yes, it's much simpler to say, "Terrorists in Iraq, we go kill them." But at some point, after thousands of US lives are lost and the greatest military in the world is consistently pushed around by a ragtag group of militants, don't you think it might be beneficial to stop and ask exactly where these people are coming from and why they're fighting?

Or would you rather just say, "Nah, to hell with it. What do we care about these 18-year-old folks we're sending over there to die for no reason."

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess Bush forgot to tell Rumsfeld, who predicted that the conflict in Iraq would last maybe six weeks, certainly not six months.

Listen, we REALIZE the war on terror is not something that can be won quickly.

We just wish the stupid war in Iraq wouldn't have turned a difficult job into an impossible one.

7. Hey, tony, didn't you get the message from Michael Moore? Iraq was a kite-flying paradise before we got there. No terrorists there, no sir.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Compared to the current hellhole in which 3,000 innocent citizens are murdered EVERY MONTH and that not even the President of the United States can make a visit without it being done in complete secrecy . . . yes, it was a kite-flying paradise.

Please tell me of ANY other nation on this planet in which Bush is unable to announce a visit in advance because it's too damn dangerous.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Let me get this straight then, you fully support bullies and anti-US sediments. How would you fix these issues with out force because all through out time only force has stopped violence and extremists. I am sure the terrorist will let us live peacefully, if we just leave Iraq then. Secondly maybe you didn't see my point before about Nixon having intelligence about Muslim uprisings against the United States. At best we had a policy of ignorance for 30 years and still they attacked us on our soil on 9/11/2001. You don't seem to understand that the Muslims hatered directed at us is not because of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan it is because of our lack of moral lives and support of Israel.

10. Well, this last post officially puts you into moonbat land. Congratulations! If only we could go back in time so you could go kite-flying in Baghdad ... I'm sure it would have been lovely.

Every time I think I've seen the biggest dumbass in the history of this board, someone comes along and trumps it.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, because that moat around Baghdad, that shit was inevitable. With us or without us, they would've been building that thing.

12. paris trout

paris trout Member

Draft saved Draft deleted