1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Iraq: Not Going Well

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I for one am shocked, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/04/washington/04cnd-cong.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

....the report places greater emphasis on shortcomings than successes, saying that Iraq has failed to meet 11 of the 18 military and political objectives, or benchmarks, set by Congress and agreed on by Mr. Bush, while partially meeting four, according to wire-service reports.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They never write about the wars that ARE going well.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Damn liberal media.

Where's that "Grenada: Still Pacified" headline?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or about the JV wars, who work just as hard.

5. Or South Africa.
    Such as.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Get off Miss Teen South Carolina's back everyone. She was so intellectually superior to us, she was evoking the Boer War as an allusion to the Iraq War. I don't even totally get it myself, but it apparently went over everyone's head.

She'll rule us all. And The Iraq too.

7. How about us US Americans?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We can't suppress violence in the 51st state? Shock.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As opposed to Canadian Americans?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Darn it, Fen, if Lee Greenwood taught us anything it's that we should be proud to be an American.

But Miss South Carolina figured out a better way. If you're a US American, you're an even more patriotic than joe average Americans.

US Americans go that extra mile: they sing The Star Spangled Banner in a regular voice at sporting events, not that muted voice that half fucks up the lyrics like "normal" Americans, or fallen patriots like me, who stand there and wait for the fucking song to end.

Per capita, US Americans have two more bumper stickers on their cars extolling their patriotism than "normal" Americans. They also make a conscious choice not to learn about other cultures, unlike "normal" Americans, who do so out of apathy.

So keep exposing the jealousy, Fen. You and I both will never be US Americans. Just face it.

11. Or South African.
    Such as.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We're losing because the soldiers are admitted drug users.

Draft saved Draft deleted