1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Interview Suit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty slim & I've gained a few pounds since I had to wear a suit on a regular basis.

Wore one nearly every day for almost 10 years. Have worn one about five times in the last five years -- weddings, funerals, and a high school reunion. And now, i pretty much only wear my favorite suit -- four button, black, Calvin Klein.

I gave a few away a couple of moves ago. At one point, I figured I might need the again, but I think that ship has sailed. Now they just take up closet space.

Seriously, if someone needs one, PM me. I'm about 5'11" & 170lbs. I'll send you one.

2. YankeeFan

Where?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Do those free suits you're willing to send come with a bowl of soup?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Soup's not a meal.

5. YankeeFan

Without Buck's comment, I wouldn't have gotten the reference.

If someone needs a suit, I'm willing to give one away and don't even need a bowl of soup in return.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, for starters: I LOOKED GREAT.

I stopped on the way up to see my daughter, who recently took a cool new job and has her own office and everything. When I walked in, she remarked that I clearly had help from the rest of the family because there's no way I could look that good on my own. Thanks honey. Love you, too.

Meeting went great. Better than I expected. Great exchange of thoughts, ideas, etc. I feel good. No deal done yet. I'm trying not to get too optimistic or excited until one is done. I had a recent situation where I felt just great, stupendous in fact, and it didn't work out and I was quite bummed.

So I guess I'll use the term cautiously optimistic.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Spoken like someone who's never been here.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Never wear a short sleeve dress shirt.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd wear one only if it were under a suit jacket and I NEVER took off the suit jacket at work.

But normally, I'd also vote against a short sleeve dress shirt.

11. YankeeFan

Why even own it then?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Because Sipowicz does.

Draft saved Draft deleted