1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Interview Suit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry - just reread- light striped shirt is very fashionable. Sounds like you have a good plan. You want to look the part of successful CEO / owner of your business as opposed to the junior sales rep. Besides tie high quality shoes are very important. From previous threads I know you have good taste in shoes so you should be good to go.

You might extend the offer to put their logo and your palette if you get the business.
    You could ink a " space for rent " in some kind of sophisticated type style.

Seriously good luck. Hope you get the deal.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good luck, Moddy.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

If the tie is a clip-on, just be sure one of your wing collars isn't accidentally turned up. Ruins the illusion.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just a follow up to Boom's shoe advice, probably don't click on this until after your interview. Big sale.

http://www.originalcomfortsandals.com/birkenstock_shoes/Rosemeadblackpatentbirkoflor.html

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Buck: Your post appears to be blank. Error or metaphor? I'm feeling some kind of Emperor's New Clothes entrendre.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Sounds great. Good luck, Modster.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Buck wrote:

[quote author=Buck ]

[/quote]

Solid advise Buck

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I say go
    FULL-ON PLAID STALLION!

[​IMG]

Rock it Ralph Furley-style! Get the gig, then go celebrate at the Regal Beagle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I stand behind my advice about the white shirt.
    The other post was supposed to be a picture of some creepers, knowing Fife's penchant for complicated shoes.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Putting aside the TMI aspect, I'd go with the sj thong

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I generally err on the side of being too conservative when it comes to dress.

For me, personally, I'd prefer a white dress shirt as part of a suit. But it sounds like what you have going should work.

Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted