1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Internet Has One Less Blogger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/08/02/mom.allowance.reut/index.html?eref=rss_latest

Mother cuts off 61-year-old son's allowance

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- A Sicilian mother took away her 61-year-old son's house keys, cut off his allowance and hauled him to the police station because he stayed out late.

Tired of her son's misbehavior, the pensioner in the central Sicilian city of Caltagirone turned to the police to "convince this blockhead" to behave properly, La Sicilia, one of Sicily's leading newspapers, reported on Thursday.

The son responded by saying his mother did not give him a big enough weekly allowance and did not know how to cook.

"My son does not respect me, he doesn't tell me where he's going in the evenings and returns home late," the woman was quoted as saying. "He is never happy with the food I make and always complains. This can't go on."

Police helped the squabbling duo make up and the two returned home together, with the son's house keys and daily allowance restored.

Most Italian men still live at home late into their 30s, enjoying their "mamma's" cooking, washing and ironing.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

How the heck do the Italians propogate the species, then?

Or do they just skip the early marriage part and just find a hot 20-something chick in their 40s like American men in mid-life crisis mode?

3. I'm going to land on AQB on "obscure thread title" grounds as soon as I stop laughing.
    Well-played, lad.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Blind squirrels...acorns...

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I know some Italian guys who are destined for this route.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would imagine that teaching your 61-year-old son to behave is kinda like teaching a 14-year-old pit bull to heel.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How do you say BLOGS! in Italian?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

LA BLOGAS?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Works for me...

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You hit them with a rolled up newspaper?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I imagine "blog" is a masculine term and is an American word. Therefore, it'd be "Il Blog."

And the many years of Italian class is paying off.

Draft saved Draft deleted