1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Insufferable Michael Strahan...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

...is on PTI shilling his new book now.

Is there a bigger fraud, a bigger hypocrite, in the NFL than this guy? Bitch and whine about the media then sell your book on your day off.

Here's an original thought: Why not save the book until you've, you know, done something meaningful in a big game. What a fraud.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

I tend to agree with Mike Freeman's take on Michael Strahan in the book "Bloody Sundays."

Strahan can be very hot-and-cold. I don't think I would quite go to the extent of "fraud," but he is capable of making things unnecessarily difficult on himself.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not trying to pick a fight with ya byh but how would this be any different that a member of media writing book complaining about the players . It cuts both ways.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

What I mean by fraud, sam, is that the Giants, under Strahan, have had a glass jaw. Hit them once and they go down. 1997 playoffs...2000 Super Bowl...2002 playoffs...the 2003 season...last season. No internal toughness, but all we hear is Strahan yipping like a poodle. LT would eat him for lunch.

Boomer: And what I also mean by fraud is no one this side of Tiki loved face time in NY more than Strahan. No one this side of Tiki has been angling for a post-career gig more than Strahan. Yet all he does is chirp about how bad the media is. But he'll take his off-day to pitch his book.

5. Oz

Oz Active Member

Tiki Barber maybe, though I suppose he wouldn't qualify because he's retired now.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Well, duh. ;D But, in the team's defense - as well as Strahan's - they're not about to start battling back for Tom Coughlin.

I saw that glass jaw when the Panthers blanked them in the Meadowlands in a playoff game almost two years ago. That's when I first recall Tiki torching the coaching staff for preparation.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

My jaw dropped when I read on the Fox Sports rumor page that Strahan would rather finish his career under Coughlin than anyone else.

What's the fuck is wrong him? He must be really out of it!

Draft saved Draft deleted