1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Inevitable Mitt Romney Tour Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well since he's done all of those things and has been such a spectacular president, he must have a 70 percent approval rating.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, I take it you are admitting that Romney has no plans that impact you? You are simply voting 100 percent against the other guy.

As Kerry voters know all too well, that's a losing proposition.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Generally, especially for a candidate like Romney, the primary is not where we will find a ton of detail on policy. Anything moderate that will help him in the general (and is I think where he is) will kill him in the primaries - that's just how the system works.

What he offers is that I think he oozes competence and responsibility. The job won't be to big for him. And I think that he's a good guy who will try to do lasting good and who I am guessing I will more or less agree with on most policy issues. Is that enough to get me to campaign for him? No, but it's probably enough for my vote.

4. Guy_Incognito

Kerry came pretty damn close. If Romney has a Kerry-like shot going into election day, I'd say he's in pretty good shape.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If by "competence and responsibility", you mean "sliminess and money," yes, you're absolutely right.

6. Mizzougrad96

That's been the case since the day he was elected. It's been a historic presidency, but none of that is based on anything he's done.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Much like Carter, the GOP somehow has portrayed a mediocre liberal President who hasn't been all that ambitious into HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER!

I'd understand a vote against Obama because he's been reactive and tepid. But to think that an even blander, more wish-washy candidate like Romney is suddenly an ideas man makes me laugh.

8. Guy_Incognito

We can disagree on slimy, and I don't consider rich an insult. Are you claiming he's not competent or responsible?
    Other than having a different political philosophy than you, what makes you think that? Are there any conservatives that are?

Obama IMO is a bit over his head and has a very different view of most important issues than I do which is why I voted against him and likely will again, but I think he's a decent guy who is trying to do the right thing (he's not perfect, he seems extraordinarily full of himself even by presidential standards, but I can live with that).

Carter is a bad guy.

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't think he's that at all, and as I said before, I like to avoid the hyperbole from both sides blaming the president for everything that is wrong in this country. I hated it when Bush was president and I hate it now.

I'm not rooting for Obama to fail and that was the case from the day he was elected. He said himself that if he couldn't fix the economy that he should be a one-term president. I don't think there is a person on this planet who could have fixed the economy during that time, but those were his words, not anybody else's. I'm ready for someone else to take their swing at it.

I still hope the republican campaign slogan is "No, You Couldn't"

10. Mizzougrad96

OK, I'll bite...

How is Carter a "bad guy?"

He was a bad president, but by most accounts this was because he was too nice.

11. Guy_Incognito

That's a little silly. If you think he's doing as well as anyone else could on the economy, who cares what he said?

12. Guy_Incognito

We've been through this repeatedly here, Dooley can come make fun soon & catch you up. The short version has spent that last 30+ years tripping over himself to endear himself to every murderous despot and terrorist regime in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.