1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Illinois Lottery kinda sorta doesn't have your winnings but is totally good for it, man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you win more than $25k, you get a nice, shiny IOU until the state pulls a budget from the wreckage.

Tough luck for Illinois Lottery winners

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If Texas tries to pull that on me when I win, I'm gonna kick some ass!

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wow, what a fucked up state. Al Capone weeps in shame.

Talk about a good way to kill the lottery revenues.

How long until Illinois is completely dissolved and split between Missouri, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin? Or maybe time for the cheeseheads to invade and take over.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not enough deer to make it worth their while.

Or beer, for that matter.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if they invade, they always can take over the Bears and merge them. Lacy and Forte would be a great running tandem, and Cutler would make a good third-string QB.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Elite thread title/avatar synergy.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Already owns Chicago.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This editorial is a joke. Of course there are other fish to fry in the Illinois legislature but if you're not going to pay out jackpots then that's a huge problem. Stop selling the tickets. The editorial dismisses it as an issue that affects "perhaps a couple dozen people," but is that how we're selecting our outrage now, with head counts? So you're not losing sleep over a guy waiting on his $50 grand. That's not the point.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Missouri holds up a picture of the DO NOT WANT wolf being offered a plate of broccoli.

10. dixiehack

I started to ask why you were cheating Kentucky out of its share, then realized its share would be Cairo.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. dixiehack

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

If it's timed right, we can dissolve Illinois and gain Puerto Rico as a state. Saves the tax dollar of a flag redesign.

Draft saved Draft deleted