1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ignore Button

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by OscarMadison, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I grew up watching the TV show without having seen the play/movie.

It wasn’t until about 15 years ago that I saw the part about FU and Felix Unger.

Same thing was done in House of Cards US version. Frank Underwood.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

2009 movie called "Fired Up!" Starred Eric Christian Olsen.
    Buncha high school kids trying to get laid at cheerleader camp. Favorite cheer: "F.U. Fired up."

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

"Latin conjugations ... on your knuckles."
    [​IMG]

OscarMadison and Regan MacNeil like this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The movie has a decidedly different feel from the series. Both casts were amazing. The showrunners created a cast of supporting characters that kept it from running out of steam too soon.

However, the original play is miles ahead of the screen versions. The pacing is very different, and the speeches go longer. The "Little Notes" bit is one of those rare pieces of playwriting that is actor-proof.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Vombatus likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There used to be an excellent Chinese restaurant near San Francisco State named Tien Fu. Back in the day when there were actual operators who would give you phone numbers, my friend called and had to spell the name.

T-I-E-N ... F-U!

Yeah, sophomoric humor at its finest.

And there are a few posters I particularly like, like OscarMadison, who enrich the conversation rather than detract from it. Thanks for adding your voice.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That movie had one hilarious performance by a dude named David Walton. Been a fan ever since. Always welcome presence on sitcoms like Happy Endings and New Girl. Played the lead in the About a Boy show.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted