1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ignore Button

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by OscarMadison, Jul 14, 2022.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

What can the ignore button do? Can the person you are ignoring see your posts?
    I know there is an option to see ignored posters at the bottom of the screen and tried it out this morning.

Asking for a friend and for myself. I know...I know this sounds like "I have a boyfriend in Canada." We're comparing notes on XenForo.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes, they can see them. I get likes and responses from ignored people.

3. OscarMadison

Wow. Didn't know that. On behalf of my boyfriend in Canada/other XenForo using friend, thanks for the info.

After an exchange last weekend, that led to me finding a big hole in a conversation on another thread that I figured was the conversation someone wanted to direct me to when they pulled that playground classic, "Everybody hates you!"

I figured it would be better to just block wherever it was so I wouldn't engage with them. I reckon it's a bit like someone you'd rather not talk to coming up and starting a conversation. Awkward and not really fun for either person. I wish the parties involved would sack up, tell me they were part of the pile on and then just proceed to mutually ignore. No vituperation, just a parting of ways. There are people on here I do enjoy talking to and would rather expend energy there.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don’t hate you. I enjoy your posts!

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I was zero years old when this forum once told you how many people were ignoring you. Fun times!

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

Ha!

In this instance, if people go to the trouble to post how they dislike someone, then send their toady, Jr. Shotglass (He farted!) to another thread to tell me they want me gone, after which everyone but Wicked deletes, then I can only think there is no professional courtesy between maladaptive assholes. (Except Jr. Shotglass and Wicked.) Mutual ignoring will keep everybody happy. I'll even send out Moonpies.

Going to go drink formula in front of hungry babies now. Those little mofos need to learn to drive.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What'd I do? I recall nothing of the kind.

Fuck, Oscar, I can't even think of anything you've said that would put me in that universe. Well, until ...

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

“Fuck, Oscar” are two words I never heard in The Odd Couple.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you would have heard plenty of "Fuck, Felix" if you were a fly on the wall during commercial breaks.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oscar would make a marvelous form master.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

I would get drunk with power. It wouldn't be pretty.

garrow, Octave and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted