1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Idiot in Chief strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Dec 29, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

1. Maybe I keep my head in the sand, but I rarely if ever see spnited posting on political threads.
    2. President should be around for all of the services. If Margaret Thatcher croaked tomorrow, I reckon Tony Blair would return from vacation under similar circumstances -- provided his plane landed safely.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There has to be something more to this. Cut short his vacation? He could get to the funeral and back in a few hours, it's not like he has to stand around an airport all day. What's the real story here?

3. My guess is that it's the Woodward interview, and, if so, that's truly pathetic.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

The real story 21 is our fucking Idiot in Chief is a total jackass with no sense of honor, protocol or -- as some already said -- the importance anything that isn't about him.
    The President of the United State shoul be the first person in line today when Ford was lying in State in the Rotunda. He should be front and center at the official State funeral service tomorrow. He should be visible all weekend and at the service at the National Cathedral on Tuesday.
    He is an absolute total jackass.

If the Ford family had guts, they'd tell the shit for brains they don't want him to speak at the funeral service on Tuesday.

This is despicable!

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hmm...I was thinking more like he was having his eyes done or something like that.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Probably afraid that Betty Ford'll toss a full flask at him.

He'd probably catch it midair, and drain it.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

She would need to actually be human first.

He spent all of three hours on his new strategy, and then announced that he needs more time.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Being president is hard!

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Harder than eating pretzels, even.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Being Prez is REAL hard if you're utterly and consistently resistant to absorbing history's lessons.

11. Just to chime in (even though I know it will only get mouth breather responses)

1. To those who say that Ford was a hero to the Republican Party - that's not necessarily true. Ford was considered too chummy with the Nelson Rockerfeller wing of the Republican Party. So chummy in fact that Ronald Reagan challenged him for the nomination in 1976 because Ford wasn't conservative enough. That challenge caused Ford to drop Rockerfeller as his VP and add Bob Dole instead (and Ford blamed Reagan's challenge as a main reason for him losing to Carter). The bad blood between Ford and Reagan is well documented. George W clearly falls into the Reagan camp.

2. With the hanging of Saddam and with New Year's Eve approaching - there has to be apprehension about terrorist attacks. There have already been many warnings about Britain being attacked. Or maybe Bush has another surprise visit to the troops planned. Whatever the case - I'm sure the President is occupied.

3. The job of attending funerals has normally fallen to the VP and since Cheney actually served under Ford and knew him well (he was Ford's Chief of Staff) - it is probably more fitting for Cheney to speak.

I have no doubt that I will not convince those who think Bush is a chimp or evil but I'm hoping that those with open minds will see some reason in what I say.

12. Chris, while I think this is about No. 2956 on the list of reasons why this guy is the worst president ever, I'd like you to cite one other instance in which a president didn't take full part in all the rites attending the death of a former president because, frankly, and with no malice intended, I can't.

Draft saved Draft deleted