1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Idiot in Chief strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Dec 29, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Neither did it begin well, nor was the middle any good.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was there a post deleted or something?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not that I know of.

Chef was likely talking about the thread.

I was talking about Shrub's presidency.

4. I'm unclear, possibly because there seem to be four things that might qualify as "services" here. Fredo's going to miss some event at the Capitol, but he's going to be at National Cathedral. Wouldn't THAT be "the funeral"?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's one of many funerals to be held.

6. Was Ford quadruplets? I forget.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

either/or

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

The way I read it F_B, the official state funeral service is Saturday night in the Capitol rotunda. Ford's body will then lie in state in the Capitol on Sunday and Monday and there will be a service and burial from the National Cathedral on Tuesday.
    The Idiot has deigned to returned from brush cutting and bike riding in Texas to "pay his respects" on Monday and speak at the service on Tuesday.
    But God forbid the supposed leader of this country should cut short is vacation to return for an official State funeral service honoring a former President.
    I'm sure the Idiot thinks Ford showed bad form in dying during his holiday break.
    You'd at least think the old man would tell him "You see Georgie, the President has a duty and responsibility to be at the State service on Saturday."
    He is totally classless and an embarassment to this country.

9. I agree with all of the last part.
    If he wasn't going to come off vacation for "bin Laden Determined To Strike In US" or for Katrina, he's not coming off it for some old dead guy who ripped him and his Excellent Adventure.
    But, if he's there in the church, he's sort of covered, no?

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Harry Reid isn't going, but he's got some trip to South America scheduled where he's going to meet with the heads of a couple of nations...and he's going with a delegation of other senators (including a Republican or two). Drudge was trying to make a big to-do about Reid "snubbing" Ford, but it's pretty bad to back out two days before meeting the presidents of Argentina and Brazi.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's kind of what I thought too.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, Huntin' and Fishin' is on Texas' Cable Access this weekend...

Draft saved Draft deleted