1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Idiot in Chief strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

When fat-assed, drug-addled, blowhard Rush Limbaugh and his Dittoheads admit the liberals were right all along?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Zeke, I'll just pick you out of the crowd for a couple of reasons.

Fuck, never mind. I'll just say I think three_bags is taking the right tack here and let it go at that. These political discussions are a huge waste of time.

Now the Pigeon Whisperer can tell us it's because he's so much smarter, and so on and so on and so on.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm sure you know that will never happen.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nope, Enterprise, no signs of intelligent life here. Beam me up after I activate the warning beacon.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Please.

All the evidence to date shows that the Bush admin has been a first class disaster.

That's not even debatable.

If you voted for him, well, I respect you for that because it's your vote.

Doesn't change the fact that he's screwed the pooch so many times that most of the American people don't take him seriously. I wish it were otherwise.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I, like many of the people who voted for and against Bush, am not happy with what he's done the last few years. Like I've said before, I don't think he's prosecuted this war effectively and has only himself to blame for the mess we're in. But I'm not responding to Bush; I'm responding to the typical name-calling bullshit that goes on around here. As for the issue at hand, Zeke, you never really have a point, other than to try and make smartass comments as part of the leftist minions who gang up the enemy du jour (usually Chris L) in these political threads.

Again, so you won't just type a liberal talking point response: I am not happy with the job Bush has done the last few years. But I voted for him, he is the president and I hope he turns things around. Bitching, moaning, whining and name-calling won't make that happen. Although it obviously makes many people around here feel good about themselves. So don't let me stop ya.

JR,
    Iwasn't talking to you.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You're right Pallister. I'm a democrat who did not vote for Bush and is unhappy with the job he's done, but you're right. Bitching and moaning won't change what's happened. In fact, there's no way to fix the past, so let's just hope things turn around in the future for this country.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not your ill-advised voting records that make you lesser human beings. It's your refusal to be big enough to say, hey, you guys were right, maybe we ought to stop all the liberal-bashing even if we still don't agree with them, in fact, maybe we'll disagree a bit more respectfully next time.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So what's your point?

You're not happy you voted that way, but you shouldn't be criticized for that vote?

You're not happy with the way he "prosecuted" the war, but you still hold out hope that the war was a good idea?

The war was a moronic decision. Some of us have been saying that since before the invasion. You can whine about that, I guess, if you want.

That's my point. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less valid.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't know.
    For partisan Democrats, most of the 90s were tied up with Republican investigations of Clinton and the widespread perception for them at least is that it was a bunch of BS. That Clinton never really did anything wrong.
    They witnessed a tainted 2000 election. They witnessed what they consider to be a questionable election in 2004.
    They now witness personal attacks on leading candidates for 2008 and then they get told they didn't get the joke. You see it is always funny to compare a Senator to the Iranian president. Note that no one ever does "jokes" on the Republicans or even points that their two leading candidates - McCain, Guiliani - have combined for five divorces.
    They see a president who doesn't listen to anyone who might tell him no. They see a cynical administration that takes advantage of the people - the evangelicals - who voted for them. They see a secretive administration that won't even divulge the movements of the vice president. A president who doesn't respond in moments of national crisis. One of America's leading cities was underwater and that didn't cut his vacation short either.
    Finally they see a President who manipulated an American tragedy into an invasion of Iraq, for reasons that still aren't clear. As for the war itself, it is becoming clear that every living president, including his dad, and the one most recently deceased said to get out of Iraq at least two years ago. And we have a military who might just tell the Commander-in-Chief "no" to the plan to send more troops in. That is truly uncharted water for this country.
    That doesn't even get into the laundry list of questionable business deals and poor appointments.
    Bush isn't in the running for the worst president, he's moved past that. He's in the running for the worst leader of any major country ever.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The war was not a moronic decision.

Proceeding with it by poisoning relations with nearly all allies, having no plan for controlling the country, having too few troops, not restoring infrastructure -- all those things were moronic decisions.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll respect that opinion, Dye, if you can define for me what the idea of victory was when we invaded.

How could we win?

Draft saved Draft deleted