1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The I word.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 11, 2007.

1. Conservative website. Not going to happen but, damn....
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MattTowery/2007/05/08/bush-cheney_impeachment_might_be_idle_talk,_but_numbers_show_true_trouble

These numbers floor me. I'd have guessed 25 percent. Maybe.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Expect more conservative sites to offer more such polls as they try to remove the Bush Anchor from the party's collective neck before the next major election

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You took the words right out of my mouth -- this is clearly another part of that vast right wing conspiracy that exists out there....

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

first step: impeachment
    next step: try 'em (and rummy, rove, wolfy and rice) for war crimes

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I thought another Imus thread

:)

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The House Judiciary Committee took up Nixon's impeachment on May 9, 1974. By August 9, Nixon was gone.

So it's not too late to start. But we need a two-fer.

7. What's amazing to me is that, if what the majority of the country now believes is correct (that Bush lied to take us to a war he had planned all along), the number favoring impeachment is that small.
    Think about it -- Clinton was impeached for getting blow jobs and being sneaky in the way he answered questions (we can argue about whether he lied or simply didn't tell the whole truth).
    Bush is guilty for thousands of deaths for absolutely no honest reason.
    You tell me which is worse.

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Every president from this day forward will be threatened with impeachment. It will never end. Go ahead, whatever.

9. Maybe, but who is to blame for that?

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Who is to blame? More like "what" is to blame.
    I firmly believe that if the internet had been around when FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, whoever, was president, there would have been calls for impeachment.

11. I blame the witch hunters who went after Clinton for no (honest) reason.
    They just couldn't stand the man, so they tried to find any reason to get him out of office.
    Remember that Starr was supposed to be looking into Whitewater. That word wasn't even mentioned in his report.
    So after Bush's buddies did their garbage, now Bush has to take the heat in a society that remembers that impeachment is an option.

12. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Of course you do. Wouldn't have expected anything different from you. Believe what you want.

Draft saved Draft deleted