1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hypocrites who run the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bodie_Broadus, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's gotten to the point where a disturbing number of NFL players --- including stars --- have more in common with street thugs than they do the average fan.

This can be a major problem for the NFL and it's multi-billion dollar industry. So Roger Goodell and co. have to do everything they can to make the league look good and the players not look like a bunch of street criminals. That task is getting tougher and tougher to do.

I'm sure the league brass is shitting its collective pants every time there's an Aaron Hernandez type story involving one of its own. There are billions of dollars at stake.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

So street thugs have personality disorders?

What makes Marshall a street thug?

That's quite the ignorant statement.

3. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

I would generally agree. But, by rule, he doesn't match his teammates, so he pays the fine.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I didn't say Marshall was a street thug. I said there are plenty of street thugs in the NFL. I'll leave it to you to figure out who they are.

There are some personality disorders and mental health issues that are very legit. There are others that are fronts for psychotic anti-social behavior. I'll let you figure out which is which.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Bodie, you post inflammatory shit, then flip out when people disagree with you. I sympathize, because I used to be the exact same way. I hope you'll get it over time. This is a great place to learn how to think.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why do we have to figure it out? You claim there's a disturbing number of NFL players who have more in common with street thugs than the common fan. How about giving us the number?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The statement was infantile. It does not demonstrate a firm grasp of how the real world works.

And, it's no different than you pointing out the ignorance of Mark's statement.

I'm not looking to upset you, but if you're going to make a bad argument, I'm not going to fail to point that out, in order to spare your feelings either.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wide Receiver Diva Syndrome

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is a really dumb thread.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Set that aside for copy and pasting.

Draft saved Draft deleted