1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hypocrites who run the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bodie_Broadus, Oct 19, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

LTL posted that the partnership was with Komen. You argued by saying the pink thing is Komen. If you want to hide behind semantics rather than admit you were wrong in arguing his point, that's just another failing on your part.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I had a Larry David moment at a frozen yogurt shop the other day. I was paying and the girl asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar for breast cancer awareness. It was about the fourth time that day I'd gotten hit up for a donation at the cash register somewhere and I declined to a somewhat dirty look.

Me: You know, I think we're good on breast cancer awareness. I don't think I know a single person that isn't aware of breast cancer. Breast cancer research, I'd donate for that. I'd donate more than a dollar.

Cashier: I don't think there is a difference.

Me: I think there might be, but I'm not really sure. I'm not really sure what donating for awareness means. I have no idea where the money is going.

Cashier: It goes to breast cancer awareness.

Me: OK, thanks. I won't be donating today.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

You want me to admit to saying that Komen was partnered with the NFL.

I don't admit to things I never said. Nice try though.

I'm not arguing semantics. I also will not admit to what you think I said.

If you are able to find a post where I said Komen and the NFL were partners in this pink stuff, by all means show it to me. Go ahead, I'll wait.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. You're going to hide. I should know better than to expect you to take responsibility for any of your failures on this board. You'd much rather wear your ignorance as if it it was a suit of armor, even seeming to brag about it on baseball threads, and cry like a victim when people point out how wrong you are.

Here's a hint. People keep pointing out that you are wrong about things because you keep getting things wrong.

You argued with LTL when he tried to explain to you that the American Cancer Society is the NFL's partner, not Komen. That is an important distinction given the problem people have with Komen, but you can't acknowledge it because that would interfere with your feeling sorry for yourself.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Did you find the post where I said anything about the NFL being partnered with Komen yet?

I pointed out that the pinkwashing in general, not the pinkwashing of the NFL, was the work of Komen.

I saw that LTL posted the NFL is with the ACS on this, but I did not say anywhere that the NFL was with Komen.

If you want me to admit to something I never said, you'll be waiting a very, very, long time.

Again, find the post where I said "Komen" "NFL" and "partnership" together and I will admit to it. Short of that, continue with your usual name calling and hatred.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Good Lord, let it go. Both of you, please. Life's too short.

And Tennessee never should have worn pink socks. It looked terrible.

7. Bodie_Broadus

The pink Oregon helmets look awful.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Of course it is. And, there's nothing wrong with that.

Charities realize they need to bring a marketing program to companies if they want support.

9. Bodie_Broadus

It's phony.

The NFL doesn't give a shit about BCRF. It wants more money.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/16/pink-nfl-merchandise-breast-cancer-research/

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So what?

It's a marketing platform.

Do you think any company "cares" about the charities, teams, events, or celebrities they align themselves with?

11. Bodie_Broadus

I would hope some of them do. But I'm an optimist when it comes to stuff like that.

You'll just use this as another chance to call me dumb or stupid or ignorant.

So go ahead...

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The NFL as an institution, not to mention the individuals who make it up, secretly hate tits.

Draft saved Draft deleted