1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hurt Locker on DVD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Released today (arrived via Amazon pre-order). Great behind-the-scenes feature and the audio commentary with Kathryn Bigelow is strong.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This movie is intense.

3. Saw in in the theater, where it was awesome on the big screen.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I liked the movie a lot, but it was shot with a hand-held and the movement made me feel really sick. I couldn't focus, so it wasn't as intense an experience for me as I know it was for others. "Half Nelson" and "Rachel Getting Married" also made me sick, although the latter could have been for other reasons, too.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I saw it weeks ago and my blood pressure just went down yesterday.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Incredibly.

Go get this movie if you haven't seen it. It's going to win a lot of awards.

7. Herbert Anchovy

http://www.theauteurs.com/notebook/posts/265

Kokane, I've talked to vets who said they got palpitations during Saving Private Ryan. It would be the same kind of thing here.

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

When "Saving Private Ryan" came out, I was assigned to go watch it with a D-Day veteran and get his review/reaction for a story. I went with a great old guy who was one of the first to hit Omaha Beach. He lasted about one minute into the landing sequence, then excused himself to go to the lobby. I went and got him after about 20 minutes, and we finished the movie.

9. Herbert Anchovy

You could have written just on the ashen faces of those guys as they left the theater. That alone was visceral.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Definitely in my Netflix queue.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

long wait--It's in my queue as well

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Great movie, but it's like having a heart attack for two hours straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted