1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Huck Goes Home To Wingnut Jeebus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and Rockin' Robin continues to chirp . . .

. . . but the rest is silence.

2. No one said "None of his decisions are religious based." The whole reason I mentioned something in this discussion is to say that there aren't many decisions a president makes that are based SOLELY on religion. The majority of people in the world (Even liberal politicians, Gasp!) make decisions (should I rob a bank or not, feed the homeless or not) with some form of their religion or faith playing a role.
    I said - you can check if you'd like - that there aren't many decisions made decisions with the ONLY motivation being religion.
    Yet people on the right are only ones charged with making religious decisions at all, so arguing with a bunch of liberals about the matter seems moot. In your eyes, if a Republican has a religion, than he is going to make decisions based on it.
    Fortunately for you guys, there is a lame duck Repub in the White House that can be pinned for doing just about anything (most of which probably true).
    So the only solution: Let's just get John Kerry or Ted Kennedy or any other democrat since they make no semblance of any decision based on their own beliefs.
    Unless they are a robot, that's not possible on either side of the aisle.

In summation (sorry for the elaboration, just got finished writing 25 inches) I think that there are decisions that might have faith involved - on both sides - but few major decisions of a President are based solely (the third time I've wrote that word, solely) on Religion.

3. Oh, and Ben, I've got better things to do than banter with people on message boards. Like work. Sorry for not making time for you.
    Tell the crickets I said hello, though.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just found another idgit to put on blast.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Seeing how the book ends, I'd say you're perfectly reasonable, yes.

6. Message board blast????? Oh gee whiz! Now what am I going to do? I beg your forgiveness almighty message-board-blaster-giver-outer. Please, no!!

7. Nothing like a good-old fashioned political discussion to warm up the Christmas season. But seriously, I'm scared you might ACTUALLY put me 'on blast.' Please find it in your heart to forgive me. It's Christmas.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks for logging off.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Get a load of this.

Listen to yourself.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I just realized we've been arguing with a 22-year-old kid who may not even be out of college yet. Seriously, go back and look at his posts. He was still in college last year.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't blame me. I was arguing with Fenian. ;)

12. I just realized I was arguing with someone that's 50. Seriously, go look at his posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted