1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Huck Goes Home To Wingnut Jeebus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

People for the American Way: A good middle of the road, balanced bunch of journalists. And the sky is copper.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hence the pennies from heaven.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't wait until a poster at this site runs for elected office.

"Joe Douche was a frequent contributor SportsJournalists.com where phrases such as "ass-clown" were used and a popular topic was "who would you rather do." Mr. Douche was even known to debate the merits of the death of the Rev. Billy Graham and the unborn fetus of actress Jamie Lyn Spears."

4. Nice to see the board's conservative wing sticking up for its movement's essential base.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You couldn't keep it on one thread, could you Fen? We were talking about Huck here: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/50442/

But you want your own thread to rant. That's cool. Now, let me hijack this bitch for a moment. All of that talk several months ago about blacks' fear that the O-man getting gunned down made the front page news in the Register, FWIW.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071222/NEWS09/712220338

6. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see the Thread Police badge on your lapel.

7. digger

digger New Member

"I'd bet no more than a dime of every dollar'' - Old Tony for "I really don't know, and I really don't care to actually find out, because this fits in perfectly with my perceptions. You can find actual facts that dispute this, but I'll ignore your facts and switch the argument to something else when you do.''

8. Oh, don't be silly fellas... We all know which side is actually going to vote. Let's not waste time with this banter. Just get P-Diddy riled up for another useless lefty Vote or Die campaign and we'll go from there.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I recently spent some time driving through the Bible Belt, and it really feels like you're driving through a theocracy. If you can't see that there isn't much difference between Tehran and Lexington -- except for the religion in question -- then you're blind to a scary reality. And deaf to it, too, judging from the radio down there.

There's nothing wrong with faith and there's nothing wrong with believing in God. But imposing those beliefs on others and hoping to put more God in government is dangerously undemocratic.

10. What's scary is that there are people ignorant enough to make such a comparison. Let me know when you "spend some time driving" through Tehran.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's not the only one who's found places in the South that are scary in their religious fundamentalism.

Religious fundamentalism, whether Christian or Islamic, has no place in government.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Exactly, chick. You don't think there are people in America who want a Christian state? How is that different from a Muslim state, except for the religion in question?

Draft saved Draft deleted