1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The House Of Fredo, Part XXVIII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 23, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Keep trying to convince yourself you weren't just exposed as a clueless twit as well as a fraud. I'm sure if you say it over and over and click your heals together three times it will become true.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, it was a mistrial.

After the verdict was read a number of jurors raised holy hell and said they did not vote "not guilty" as a result the judge declared a mistrial. Every one of the defendants can be retried.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zag doesn't can't quite read the 20 point type "mistrial"

Next trial will wrap up just as Hilary's second term is coming to an end .

4. zagoshe

I understand that. And if you read the story, there were a number of counts that were still being debated among the jurors and they were deadlocked on which is what happens right before a trial ends in a mistrial.

5. zagoshe

Yeah, and if it doesn't end well, somehow you geniuses will still try to blame it on the Bush administration, even though the case will have been built through 16 years of Slick Willy and his wife's terms....

6. You've got to admire someone who argues his point of view so passionately, even when he's completely and totally wrong.

7. zagoshe

Um, go back and read the post where I brought up the trial by juries and read the quoted part from Fenian Bastard, which is directly out of the story about other terrorism cases being lost by the government then come talk to me.

8. You basically get on every political thread, take a shit on it and call everyone stupid. The definition of a troll.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes but he's our troll.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The blame here is two-fold:

1. To the prosecution for blowing more than a decade's worth of evidence. How do you pull that off?
    2. To the jury for playing with our system. Our system is a sacred one. Did you vote not guilty? Did you vote guilty? Figure that out in the jury room. If you can't come to an agreement, act honorable and tell the judge, and leave the Judge Judy-style histrionics out of the courtroom.

11. zagoshe

No, the definition of a troll is those who cheerlead for their buddies and never post anything other than their silly little attempts to be accepted which is what you do.

And I don't shit on any thread -- I just have the audacity to not fall in line with everything Fenain Bastard writes regardless of how outlandish it is.

And in this instance -- blaming the Bush administration because juries are finding people not guilty in these terrorism cases and using as example A a case that has been in the works for 15 years is idiotic at best.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

That's no way to talk about JR; he's on your side.

Draft saved Draft deleted