1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hottest Ticket in the Land

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Oct 2, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Like father, like daughter, it would appear that Miley Cyrus, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, has fan appeal. Her concert is the most expensive in the country right now, which is saying a lot. For those who don't know, she's the star of the Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" TV show.

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/01/ap/reviews/main3315300.shtml?source=search_story

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I wonder what Billy Ray thinks....his daugther outshining him and all ;D

3. boots

boots New Member

Billy Ray is doing just fine. He's got his television show going well. Recording wise, he'll be known as a one-hit wonder.

4. Cansportschick

That television show is thanks in big part to his daugther. I hope to god he never resurrects the mullet and breaks out in Achy Breaky Heart ever again.

If he does, hell has frozen over.

5. boots

boots New Member

He had the TV show long before his daughter because a sensation. In fact, he's been an accomplished thespian for several years.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That story only proves there are a ton of parents with more money than sense when it comes to spoiling their children.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Did I hear somewhere she was rumored to be pregnant?

8. Cansportschick

Whoa! I am sure daddy would have something to say about it if it were true.

boots, personally, I don't think Billy Ray or his daugther are talented at all. Their success is mind boggling to me....oh wait, the country music ladies liked Billy Ray shaking his touchee. That's why he had a tiny bit of music success.

9. boots

boots New Member

I like touchee.
    What they have is charisma. It's marketable and i's what the people want to see. Give the people what they want, eh?

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This sky is blue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A story in today's Toronto Sun notes her Dec. 15 show here sold out immediately. Top ticket price is $65 but the average ticket is being resold for $214, more than Justin Timberlake and the Police.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He has been? What the fuck are you watching?

Draft saved Draft deleted