1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"... the hottest Arena Football team in the world ..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Aug 16, 2013.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley will be co-owners of a new Arena Football League team in Southern California.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-la-kiss-arena-football-20130815,0,2187993.story#axzz2c5El2mye

The team will be called -- wait for it -- the LA KISS. Of course, they'll be playing at the Honda Center, so they might have to call it the LA KISS of Anaheim.

Nickname's kinda too obvious for me. I would have preferred the Destroyers, Demons or Black Diamonds. Love Guns probably wouldn't have passed muster for family entertainment.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"You wanted the NFL, you got the AFL ... "

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"God gave Arena Football to you. God gave Arena Football to you. End zone nets for everyone."

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am sure one of their big in-game promotions will be "Cold gin time, again".

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wonder how good they'll be if all they do is rock and roll all night and party every day ...

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

If the KISS score in the last two minutes of the first half, it's Cold Gin time! Half off all gin drinks!

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"That injury timeout sponsored by Dr. Love! He's got the cure you're thinking of! There are no bills, there are no fees!"

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"Let's put the F in AFL."

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Gene and Paul are kings of bad investments. This will keep them on the road into their 70s.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Another thought I had with Gene and Paul as pro sports team owners: If they had owned the Indianapolis Colts, do you think, instead of getting Andrew Luck, they would have drafted some obscure Division III quarterback and made him play wearing Peyton Manning's old jersey.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

LA is all wrong, the KISS team belongs in Detroit Rock City.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted