1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The horrors within, aka my childhood memories stashed in my mom's closet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 4, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Latest sojourn (to a storage unit I had next to my bed growing up) turned up many more letters and newspaper clippings...and a Dino 24/7 cassette [​IMG]

As well as Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet: The Videos on VHS.

[​IMG]

I cry for the child I was.

Anyone who thinks I'm bullshitting, PM me and I'll e-mail you a cell phone picture of this shit. I'm not kidding. These are actual products either I or my parents paid good American cash for.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Find any New Kids on the Block videos, like I did when I cleaned out my old room? :)

Oh, and I just have to say when I saw this thread title, this is immediately what came to mind:
    [​IMG]

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Awesome.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember "Slippery When Wet" as one of those albums that teenagers claimed to not have, yet everyone did.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

1) I have the Slippery When Wet VHS

2) My mom has in her attic from my childhood: My sequined prom dress with a big hot pink poofy thing on the shoulder, the Def Lep poster of the boys in short shorts and tanks made of the British Flag, the Bon Jovi poster of Jon showing off his gawdawful Superman tat and a pair of frosted jeans with zippers at the ankle and a bow above the zipper.

She refuses to thow them out. She wants to show my future husband. What she doesn't know is that I'm never getting married.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wow, I feel your pain, IJAG. I did this a while back, and it was scary.

My finds: a giant plastic tub of hair thingies, mostly neon; a neon pink cassette carrying case with the likes of Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and WHAM! inside (no NKOTB, though); assorted Cabbage Patch Kids; a pair of pink LA Gear shoes; my sateen soccer team jacket; a bubble necklace; and a poster of Ryne Sandberg. That one came home with me.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

One Friday at happy hour in college, the DJ played "You Give Love A Bad Name." When the song ended, the crowd demanded he play the entire album...and he obliged. Awesome. Totally awesome.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

You have my e-mail address. I want this picture ...

My stuff, I'm sure, is long gone ...

9. Well, as it happens, I once went to this very odd yard sale in Hamilton.
    Heh-heh-heh.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh crap, Fenian knows my 15-year-old secrets!

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There is a biker bar in my hometown that favors speed metal most of the time but that used to play Bad Medicine when I and my cohorts would stumble in around last call.

I feel shame.

I also want to go home.

12. Oh, come on.
    You have secrets older than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted