1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The horrors within, aka my childhood memories stashed in my mom's closet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 4, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You know, one grows up thinking one lived a pretty damn normal life, and there's really not much there (short of a beehive hairdo and buck teeth in third grade) that could be seen as embarrassing.

Until one goes home.

My mom's been on me for years to clean my old shit out of her house, and since they have to move by next summer, I thought I'd dip in today. In less than an hour I have found notes from friends during fourth grade, my senior book, cutouts of Shaq and Corey Haim, REALLY old copies of the Lexington Herald-Leader (including a Chuck Culpepper column from when UK was the No. 2 seed in the East in the 1992 NCAA Tournament. Hi Duke!), hair scrunchies, a Betty Boop keychain and a pair of Jordache jeans.

God help me when I dig deeper...call for help if I'm not back in a few hours.
  2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are any of the scrunchies red?
  3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I feel you IJAG. I feel you.

Recently my mom was showing Little Man a bunch of stuff from childhood including -- get this -- the blue jean cutoff shorts I was wearing the day I got slammed by a truck while crossing the street and ended up with a three-week hospital stay.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Thanks -- now that damn jingle will be in my head all day ("You've got the look I want to know better...........")
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Corey Haim? That explains a lot.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Find any brassieres?
  7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Shit, Ace, Haim was one of my mainstream crushes.

And TSP: No, but I found a shirt with four boxes with headshot drawings in them: Doug Jones, Greg Swindell, Brook Jacoby and Sandy Alomar Jr.

Needles to say, that one's going to my home.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oooops, that's 21 with the brassiere nightmare!
  9. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I'm in ur closet, hawnting ur dreems.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Flash

Flash Guest

What? No legwarmers?
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member