1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The horror that will be "The Blind Side" movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Sep 29, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Went to the movies yesterday and saw a preview for The Blind Side, the Moneyball guy's book on Ole Miss tackle Michael Oher, and good god does it look like torture.

I like the book to a degree, my main beef being that the author took at face value everything the rich Mom said she did on Oher's behalf -- lots of anecdotes about her going to some brain-dead bureaucracy that was doing nothing for him because of some darn rulebook, and how she told them she was not leaving this room until the problem was solved, and magically these lethargic government robots jumped to life and did what they should have been doing all along, etc etc.

It looks like the movie will be nothing but that, with Sandra Bullock, who I normally like, chewing scenery as the sassy, straight-talking, red-tape-cutting superwoman who saves Oher (with an overwrought southern accent, by the way). At one point in the preview she goes into the ghetto and starts jawing with a gang member who has dared to threaten Oher.

Oy......

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I consider myself pwned, as the kidz say.

Draft saved Draft deleted