1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (Hoosier) basketball ties that bi-yi-yi, yi-yi-yi, yi-yi-yi, yi-yi-yi yind

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 26, 2011.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://tinyurl.com/3gnlfrd

AAU team that Indiana keeps plucking recruits from under scrutiny. Here come the wolves, Tom Crean.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The forehead is working on those crocodile tears as we speak...

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Great, great piece(s). A great look into how the cesspool of college athletics continues to evolve. This where it's fun to go to Peegs to see what the howler monkey Hoosiers are saying (mostly: it's jealousy because Crean is getting great recruits!). I like this one, because it illustrates the delusions of IU fans:

If anything directly connects Tom Crean, he must be fired immediately.

On the plus side, it'll give us Brad Stevens.

I suspect Brad Stevens stays at Butler because he doesn't have to suck the wangs of AAU coaches quite so hard and vigorously as Crean has to.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

no actual comment on this case yet, but i can't get this tune outta my head now, dammit!

could be worse tunes i'm stuck with, i suppose... 8) 8) 8)

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I love all the "well, no clear NCAA violations" talk. Gimme a break, IU fans! In the Knight glory days, you would have ripped off the heads and shit down the throats of the fans of any program who pulled out that line!

The impact of the story for IU fans is the painful realization, which they might not be able to admit to themselves, that if they want to beat Kentucky, they're going to have to be Kentucky, if you know what I mean.

ADD: I also love the comments that "it's nothing no other school does!" How far the mighty (arrogant) have fallen.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Crean has flogged the 'great recuiting' horse about as long as he can.

He needs to start winning games, and fast.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hell, he won't be able to if this story ends up getting some of his recruits declared ineligible, even if Crean himself technically did nothing wrong.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm a sad panda.

Draft saved Draft deleted