1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hollywood Mensa Club reconvenes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What number's fake? We don't know how many civilians have been killed cause the powers that be haven't bothered to count them.

And last time I checked rounding up a number wasn't making it up.

And you're being silly.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why do you give a shit?
    You linked a nine graf story..one that most of us do not care about and would not have seen if you were so fucking obsessed with what Hollywood dopes have to say.

Nobody is telling you what to think. People are expressing an opinion and because of our society's insane obssession with celebrity, AP reports it.

You're obsession is actually part of the problem.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So insult the press, not the celebrities. Or better yet, insult the culture that says celebrities have more import than the rest of us.

Or maybe, and I know this is a stretch, the celebrities in question have realized their position in the world gives them a stage from which to speak and from which to point things that they think are wrong with the world. Maybe some of them even have enough intelligence to form actual opinions of things, opinions that much of the rest of the world happens to share.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

No, they're not trying to make the world a better place. They sit all isolated and pretend their policy is the only one we should agree with because they have money. This is the same crowd that's in it for self-aggrandizement. I'll give you a good example. 3 days after 9/11, I got an email from Rosie O'Donnell's publicist (for what reason, I still don't know) in which it screamed to the world that the Great Mouth donated to the Red Cross for WTC relief. And, no, don't give me this line that it was done to spur others to donate.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think you're irrational on this subject, Mark, and I'm not going to read any more of your posts or threads on the subject.

The amount of anger you have for people who are celebrities is ridiculous.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm obsessed? Ok, go back and tell me how many pages the Heath Ledger thread racked up.
    Thanks for taking my call...I'll hang up and listen...

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Change "money" to "power" and, gosh, who does that sound like?

Did you, by the way, want to answer why you characterized all Iraqis as "the enemy?"

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't have anger for celebrities. Just them covering their inadequacies as people by ramming their beliefs down my throat.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sharon Stone is now wishing she'd vocalized her thoughts when Basic Instinct 2 was released.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

And, Mark, three days after 9/11, St. Rudy Guiliani was trying to get term limits lifted in New York so he "could complete the job of rebuilding the City."
    Talk about self-aggrandizing asses.

And I contributed not a single word to the Heath Ledger thread.
    And no celebrity is ramming his/her belief down your throat. I find it very easy to ignore them. You, on the other hand, are obsessive about what they have to say.

11. JANE FONDA!

Draft saved Draft deleted