1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hollywood Mensa Club reconvenes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 18, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

No, it's not I don't agree with them, it's that they feel they have to right to tell me how to think because they are actors.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And if they were saying something you agreed with, it'd be no big deal, would it?

I don't see what's wrong with anybody, Sharon Stone, Fred Thompson, Susan Sarandon, speaking out on something they believe it, and I sure as hell don't think it's worth getting angry at them for it.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

By the lying scumbags in the least honest administration in American history.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Absolutely if I agree it makes me mad as well.
    What the hell is Oprah doing thinking that her posing with Obama makes him legitimate?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.usiraqprocon.org/bin/procon/procon.cgi?database=5-H-subs-3.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=13&rnd=250.0073897929162

By people outside the administration.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I thought the Iraqi civilians, whether 600K or 150K of them have died, were the whole reason we were over there. You know, spreading freedom, ending tyranny, all of that.

Newsflash: Not every Iraqi who dies is a fucking terrorist.

7. So don't listen to them. Don't click on the stories. What are they holding a gun to your head? I like how you're not upset at nearly 4,000 dead. You're upset because Sharon stone pointed it out.

You're silly.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't you now, chickie, actors aren't allowed to have opinions in Markvid's world.

But I still don't understand why he and others pay so much attention to what they say.

9. sportschick

I'm still trying to figure out why it's not OK for Sharon Stone to say something that Mark would be OK with if I was the one saying it.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

No, actors can have opinions.
    The press doesn't have to report it like we're all supposed to give a shit.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Because she's using a fake number to make her point, for one.
    You're a journalist, you wouldn't do that.

12. sportschick

So people shouldn't use a platform they've earned by becoming famous to try to make the world a better place? They should just shut up and spend their money?

That this bothers you at all is kind of idiotic.

Draft saved Draft deleted