1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hofficial SJ.com Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Shouldn't there be one place where we can all gather to appreciate David Hasselhoff? I say yes, and I'm sure The Hoff would agree...which he would follow with some sort of fist pump. Hell, we should probably sticky it. 2muchcoffeeman, The Big Ragu and EmbitteredNeuticles, among others, have put in a tremendous amount of effort to bring us some of the most absurd (read: greatest) things I've ever laid eyes on that doesn't include the phrase "spring break."

Has Overrated lost it? In a word, no. And I'm still straight, too. Shit, I'd like to see the guy who doesn't feel like I do after watching "Hooked on a Feeling" so much he bumped up his SportsJournalists.com profile from 3 days, 4 hours and 21 minutes to 5 days, 23 hours and 58 minutes.

Here's a link with The Hoff swearing and sexually harrassing like only he's allowed.

All recent threads concerning The Hoff will be posted shortly.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Re: The Hoff's Official SportsJournalists.com Thread

Here are two recent threads started by 2muchcoffeeman. Both are pretty amazing.

The second post is the link to the "Hooked on a Feeling" video, originally brought to us by The Big Ragu.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29951/

This leads off with a pretty great story.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29025/

Here's The Hoff singing Jekyll and Hyde against himself. Probably the finest acting moment of his life. It's pretty amazing video.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not sure if this is posted on one of the threads somewhere, but this interview explains the Jekyll and Hyde endeavor.

Although it's Japanese, you can still understand The Hoff. The whole thing is pretty amazing, but if you have to see one part it's at the 2:45 mark when he really gets to the nuts and bolts of the whole production. I think he confuses himself at 2:56 and just starts reenacting the play until 3:04.

He also mentions Knight Rider at about the 4:20 mark and thanks the Japanese for being supportive. He then says, "I tried to get out to Japan, oh, about 10 years ago, but it didn't work out." Then he asks the Japanese to send him a ticket. Like I said, it's pretty amazing.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be called: "The Hofficial SportsJournalists.com Thread"?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Good call, but fetch me a beer before you post on here again. 8)

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Funny new commercial featuring the Hoff:

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Or a thumbs up. ;D

[​IMG]

This thread was long overdue. Good timing, Overrated.

8. Weekly writer

Weekly writer Member

Think this should be about Dennis Hoff from the Bunny Ranch. He deserves his own thread too!!

9. Trey Beamon

Here's what appears to be a pretty recent Hoff music video: "Jump In My Car." Not bad at all...

10. Trey Beamon

Is this worthy of SportsJournalists.com banishment?

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Get this shit off The Hoff thread. Now. One Hoff and one Hoff only.

EDIT: Right on numbered cockdian.

12. Weekly writer

Weekly writer Member

Banishment!?!    I'd trade places with Dennis over 'Don't Hassle the Hoff'  any day.

Draft saved Draft deleted